- I’m left handed. And because of that I hate writing in greeting cards with a glossy finish.
- I was a sprint champ as a teen. I ran 100 metres in 12.44 seconds. Now I can drink a glass of wine in that time.
- Speaking of, I used to be able to drink a pint of beer in under 8 seconds. Along with three other girls, I once beat four large blokes from the Brisbane Broncos in a beer drinking race. Because misspent youth.
- I lived in Hawaii for four months when I was 19. I couldn’t get into bars there because the US drinking age is 21.
- I was painfully shy as a small child. I used to hide behind my mother’s skirt when adults spoke to me. My pre-school photo is a whole bunch of beaming 5 year olds and half of me sitting on a huge tractor tyre bawling my eyes out.
- I didn’t learn to drive until I was 35.
- You Am I are my favourite band. I’m not sure how many times I’ve seen them live but it is around 20.
- I was born in Townsville but left there when I was three months old. I didn’t return until I visited for work when I was 36.
- When I was born, our next door neighbour was Eddie Mabo. At least, my mother thinks it was Eddie Mabo. I made no impact on any actions leading up to the famous Mabo court case or any other land rights issues.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Politics and Indigenous Studies from Griffith University.
- My favourite book is Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.
- If Colin Firth challenged Husby for my affections, I would feel torn. And turned on.
- Since I can remember, I have chewed the skin around my nails. Until four weeks ago. I stopped, just like that. I’m amazed.
- I have split my head open and required stitches three times – all before my 10th birthday. I have seen my own skull.
- I’m not much of a crier. I may or may not be dead inside. But I am big on cheek kisses and am getting better at hugging as I mellow with age.
Okay, so that’s me. Tell me something random about you please!
You are quite the character, Carolyn…and I like it! We need to sink a few vinos together and get stuck into each other – it’d be so much fun! I’ve shared 25 random facts about me if you’re keen for a read: http://soniastyling.com/2014/03/07/25-random-things-about-me/
We do! I’m funny with numbers too! My husband thinks it’s kooky but … Bah, yeah, it probably is.