We had a super awesomely cracking night last night at the Sacha Drake group show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
Here’s our Mercedes Benz Fashion Week highlights:
1. Seeing my friend Sacha celebrating ten years of fashion week. She is an amazing designer and inspiring business woman. She had hand painted her finale “Thank You” dress on her kitchen table at night.
She had us wide eyed with horror over her story of the hugely epic wardrobe malfunction she had with one of the garments. It has to be safety pinned together. Talk about courage under fire! Eeeek.
2. Shooting the breeze and sharing some very tasty bubbly with the always excellent Nikki Parkinson from Styling You at the show after party. When Ms SY and the Cartel get together there is always much hooting and hilarity to be had.
If you’ve been living under a rock and hadn’t heard Nikki recently the Telstra Business Award for Queensland (microbusiness category). Styling You is the first blogging business to have won a Telstra Business Award – a recognition for the blogging industry as a whole.
3. Catching up with some old friends at Sacha’s show that I haven’t seen in ages, including stylist and fashion writer Jenni Sellan.
4. Being introduced to the beautiful design of White Label Noba. I had heard of the label but hadn’t really seen much and was absolutely blown away by the gorgeous golds and whites on show. Tracey Watkin’s designs have a feeling of casual resort glamour of the 1960s and 70s. I’m thinking lounging on a sunbed in Cannes with ginormous sunglasses and a champagne coupe in hand.
White Label NOBA was born from the love of simply beautiful design and a dream to show the world that beauty and individual style is for all. The label started in 2010 when Tracey Watkins, an interior designer frustrated with the lack of beautiful clothing for larger women, designed her own wedding dress and never looked back!
5. The sexyass aqua blu swimwear collection, most importantly the FABULOUS sparkly gold sequinned bikini. We so need this to be our Champagne Cartel uniform. Well you know, if we weren’t middle aged mums. Actually maybe all the more reason to wear one!