Remember two weeks ago when our gorgeous stylist friend Jenni Sellan showed us 5 easy ways to summertime glam? Today she’s back, and she’s got your 6 summer staples that will help you carry off her gorgeous, effortless boho chic look. Only 6? Yep. Too easy!
1. Kaftans. Every girl needs one! The piece that can take you from poolside to cocktail bar quicker than you can say “Peach Bellini”. Kaftans are lightweight, (lets be honest, you feel like your wearing next to nothing in them) versatile and super glam and available in a variety of styles and lengths in gorgeous colours and prints. Tuck them, knot them, wear off the shoulder or convert to strapless; Repeat after me. I need a Kaftan…or three.
2. An alternative to the Kaftan, or addition, if your glass is half full (champagne of course), is a maxi dress or skirt. Both also great lightweight and airy options that can easily be transformed for a champagne occasion with a piece of statement jewellery and jeweled sandals or stiletto’s if you prefer.
3. If you are happy to show off your pins, shorts are another easy option worn with a colourful tank or loose Tee. If your outfit requires a little more of the glam factor, try pairing them back with a statement strappy stiletto and a lightweight cape worn over a basic tank – effortlessly chic.
4. Palazzo pants are, in a word, FABULOUS; a great way to stay covered up, light and breezy around your legs and easily styled with a great shirt, tank or tee; harem pants are also one of my go to summer pieces, however they tend to be a ‘love or hate’ piece. If you want to give them a try and haven’t before, balance them out with a simple tank or tee and a statement piece of jewellery.
5. A leather sandal or slide and a jeweled sandal. A carefully selected pair of leather sandals or slides will go with almost everything you need for summer – may I suggest a neutral hue, and your jeweled pair will elevate the overall look of your outfit, (and are of course, the perfect choice with your kaftan!).
6. Accessories. A panama or fedora are of course stylish, and importantly ‘sun-smart”; An amazing pair of sunglasses – (a personal fetish), and of course a few pieces of statement jewellery to complete the look. At the end of the day summer is a time to have fun with fashion; play with colour and experiment with some styles you may not have tried before and remember comfort is “Queen”. Feeling good is just as important as looking good. Feel great and own it!
Happy Summer xo
What’s your favourite go-to summer staple?
Okay, where can I buy that Kaftan????
I’m all about light and lovely clothing for summer! I adore kaftans and dresses (maxi and midi lengths) but am yet to venture into shorts territory, even though I desperately want to. Maybe this summer is the season to try?
After a month of Frocktober, I couldn’t get into shorts quick enough. I am not entirely sure that my post-baby pins should be wearing them, but they are comfy, cool and let me play with my boys. I LOVE the pants and cami top combo – so elegant.
Great post! I’m LOVING kimono tops at the moment and have recently purchased 3 new ones. Yep obsessed!