Valentine’s Day: some love it, some prefer to stay home and cry into a magnum of champagne, while others spend the night gorging on a chocolate fountain dinner for one. Whatever your preference, here is a recipe for the most gorgeous, decadent choc/raspberry brownie that is too good to resist!
Decadent choc raspberry brownies
- 200g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped (better quality tastes more delicious)
- 3 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- 80g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 200g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper, allowing the long edges to overhang.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Cool for 5 mins.
- Place eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Sieve flour and cocoa over the egg mixture and gently fold to combine. Gradually pour in chocolate mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and scatter top with raspberries. Bake for 35-40 mins or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cut into caveman sized pieces and serve with double cream.
Are you a brownie fan?