So you know we’re running this little competition called Champagne Days because we want you taking time out for yourself every day. (And it’s a little bit so I can tell my family it is MY JOB to ignore them and do something for myself each day for 66 days. Because the blogging world needs me to. IT’S MY JOB!)
I thought you might like some inspiration on quick, easy ways to make your day a Champagne Day. So here goes:
- Paint your nails.
- Have a cup of tea in the sun/under a tree.
- Have a glass of champagne. (Duh!)
- Go window shopping.
- Read a book in the park.
- Go for a walk/run/cycle in the bush/at the beach/in the park.
- Go to a movie on your own.
- Potter around a bookshop or your local library. Optional: buy/borrow something frivolous.
- Learn how to make a new cocktail.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure/massage/facial.
- Send the children for a sleepover and sleep in.
- Buy yourself something pretty and/or sparkly.
- Eat something made of chocolate that didn’t come as part of a block.
Okay, so there’s a start. That should keep you busy for a week or so.
If you’re really serious about taking some time out, you could always hit the Golden Door Health Retreat in Northern New South Wales (pictured, above, image courtesy of Hunter Valley – Visit NSW).
What ideas can you add to the list? Any suggestions for me to convince my family I NEED TO DO BECAUSE BLOGGING?